We need a copy of your passport and your local gun and hunting licence, a few weeks prior to your scheduled arrival. We also need your full home address and cell number. We need this information in good time, in order to obtain a weapon licence and a hunting licence for you in Iceland and/or Greenland.
We offer the best guides available. They are seasoned and safe professionals who focus on “safety first” and cater to the ability of each individual hunter. They work with experienced hunters all the way to the novice hunter. Our guides pride themselves on their ability to get our hunters within range of the animal desired.
Food & Accommodation
In Iceland, we stay in comfortable hunting lodges, except when hunting seabirds. Then we stay in a first class hotel in Akureyri. In Greenland our camps have both heated cabins and hated wall tents. We will try to fullfill personal wishes of the hunters in regards to cuisine. When possible, we will of course cook wild game of the season.
Included and not included – general outlines:
Included in price:
– visa, hunting license and gun license
– all transport in Iceland, while at hunting destination. All transport in Greenland.
– one professional guide and a 4×4 vehicle / boat for every two or three hunters, during
all bird hunts
– during big game hunts there is one 1 guide / 1 hunter
– all equipment neccessary during the hunt, except clothing and firearms
– full board and lodging from arrival until departure at hunting destination.
Not included in price:
– alchoholic beverages
– excess luggage on domestic and Greenland flights
– packing and shipping of trophies
– extra days in Reykjavik
– international flights, transfers in Reykjavik and KEF
A 50% deposit of the price of the hunt is needed to confirm booking and dates. The final 50% is due 90 days before the hunt. Generally a deposit is none refundable, if a trip is cancelled, unless a replacement hunter can be found. See closer our Refund policy.
We recommend the client protects himself with baggage and trip cancellation insurance. Purchase of insurance in case of an accident, hospitalization or death is the sole responsibility of the client. The Icelandic Hunting Club is not responsible for any accidents or personal injuries during the hunt.